Sunday, August 3, 2008


Hi everyone

You probably thought we just dissapeared into thin air.... But Michelle was taken to hospital the day after our last post & has just returned home. It was quite a scary time!! All that happened was she woke up with a small ache in her leg then a couple of day later she couldn't even walk!! Very unusual.... So of course we went to the Doctors & he sent her off for some tests, then that afternoon she was told to go straight back to the Doctor & he sent her straight to hospital. Then more tests, then of course she was admitted to hospital in Launceston. Everything seemed to go in slow motion for her but very quick for me. Next minute after more tests she was whisked away by the Royal Flying Doctors to Melbourne (St Vincents Public hospital). We arrived there at midnight. So it was all rather quick & I know scary for her, considering her health with all her previous blood clots etc... But this time they just could not figure out what was wrong with her leg.. I think the unknown is the worst.. So she was admitted to St Vincents at midnight & was still not allowed to get out of bed!! (she was NOT HAPPY about that one)!! But they did not want her moving or putting any weight on her leg at all, until they could actually work out what was going on.

So we were over in Melbourne for over a week, not really knowing what was happening with her leg. They ended up doing a Biopsy & that was not a nice experience for her either. Pardon the expression but it hurt like hell.... They said they were going to sedate her well they obviously didn't give her enough.. I heard her scream from out side the theatre room. But at least it got done. They took 5 samples altogether a couple of the tissue, muscle & bone (which was the worst). But at least this did show something positive. There was no cancer there. So that was a huge relief lifted.

The only conclusion they have come to so far is that maybe the muscle & tissue have tore away from the bone. Don't know how or why yadda yadda, but at least it is something to go off I suppose. So she was then allowed to get out of bed in a wheelchair or with crutches. Yes quite a funny sight you ask her!!! Definately no co-ordination... but at least she could get around. That was so much better.

So that meant we were allowed to come home to Launceston!! YAY We caught the spirit of Tasmania back as soon as we could... (they told us we could leave at about 11.30am we were on the boat that night & home the next day) Yeap that quick!! What a relief to be back home again.

So now all we have to do is wait for results on some of the tests etc & see what is going to happen from here. Its good that Shell can stay at home instead of being in hospital waiting as it is much more comfortable when your at home. They said inlongs she does all the right things then that would be okay... YAYYY!!

So that is the sagga for now.

Once again sorry for all the gaps in posts but I am sure you will all understand now.

We will let you know the prognosis once we know... Until then Happy Stamping & Scrapping & we will endevour to put some cards on the Blog plus that tutorial that we were going to do before all of this happened..


Take Care

Martyn & Michelle Munro xo


Marie said...

I am so glad that it is no cancer. My mom went through something similar, in that it was extremely difficult to diagnose and she couldn't walk for 3 months. You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.
- Marie (A fellow ScrapBookLounge Member)

P.S. Cool Blog!

Chrissie said...

I am pleased that you are home again and that things are on the mend... sometimes no diagnosis is worse than getting one! I hope that Michelle continues to improve!